October 25, 2011

The Ticking Clock

I had to take the clock out of my room. There's a slightly brighter white spot where it was once mounted, now tucked into my closet where its ticking is muffled into silence. I couldn't take the steady tick tocks marking the time passing. Marking the moments slipping by without you.

It still haunts me, nonetheless. Tick tock, whispers my internal clock. Your eyes, that familiar shade of grey-blue, flash before my own. Tick tock.

Tick tock, my mind murmers softly. I recall the smooth liquid tone as your voice tells me you love me. Tick tock, tick tock.

Tick tock, taunts my brain relentlessly. I feel an echo of the electricty of your touch run up my spine. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tick tock.

My eyes are heavy now, as midnight draws near. Even just a day is too long to go without you, as the clock enjoys reminding me.

Tonight, I seek comfort, however, in the fact that each stiff moment leads me closer to your return. Only a million revolutions to go. Oh, tick tock. God speed to that annoying clock.

I miss you.

Love, Lilah Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?